Monki Do Tattoo Studio
Now your tattoo is complete it is your responsibility, here is a step by step guide to looking after your new ink:-
1. Gently remove the dressing after 24hours.
2. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
3. Clean your tattoo with lukewarm water (cleansing foam wash also available, please ask) and pat dry with a clean towel.
4. Now apply a thin layer of aftercare solution, wipe any excess away with a piece of clean kitchen towel.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4, 3-4 times daily until your tattoo has healed.
It is usual for your tattoo to form a mild scab, do not pick or scratch the scab as this will impair the finished result. Normal healing time is 7 – 10 days. Once all the scabbing has naturally fallen off, apply a moisturizing lotion 3 -4 times a day to your tattoo, repeat until skin is supple.
Do follow aftercare procedure; it is in your best interest.
Do cover tattoo up if working in a dirty or dusty environment, or any environment which could be harmful or infectious to your tattoo.
Do use SPF 30 at a minimum on FULLY HEALED tattoos when sunbathing.
Do not sunbathe or go on a sun bed until your tattoo is completely healed
Do not go swimming or soak tattoo until it is fully healed.
Do not use petroleum jelly or Savlon as an aftercare.
Do not pick scab! (As tempting as it may be).
Do feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or queries. Tel: (01773) 821666. The better you look after it during the healing process, the better the tattoo will look when healed.